Just wanted to give you an update on our discussions and deliberations at the planning meeting on the 13th November when Annie, Sarah van Erp, Sarah Alley and the gorgeous Billie, Salla, Penny and Celia all turned out to eat a lovely picnic and put some thoughts on paper. We had a productive natter about:
- Watering roster: we’ve decided a buddy system is the best way and depending on how much rain we get, watering will be done weekly in pairs. We’re looking for volunteers so if you’re interested on going on the roster please let us know. (Sarah van Erp will be advertising for volunteers on Facebook shortly)
- Facebook and website connectivity: our brilliant Salla has linked these so we only have to write things up once – thanks Salla!
- Compost: we’ll be running composting education sessions once every 2 months from now on – yippee! (Annie has volunteered to keep an eye on the bin and its users i.e. the netballers and day care parents and give impromptu composting education sessions as necessary – thanks Annie)
- Calendar of events: Penny’s volunteered to put together a six month plan of working bees and events for the garden which I’ll post here, there and everywhere so watch this space
- The progress report to council: and how brilliant it looked click here to have a read Progress Report 01 – Waverley Park Communal Garden
Toodle pip for now and here’s a nice photo of my mum, Angie Jones, who is a major inspiration to me because she’s been growing all her own veggies for the last 35 years – she is amazing!
Lots of love